Classes of hosting services
A hosting service concerns keeping and/or sharing certain content on a server managed by a website hosting company. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a look at these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to establish a weblog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by given companies, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions often include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inaccurate interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would share the workload between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a huge quantity of images with buddies or associates since the service is typically free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your mail addresses. Some suppliers provide site hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you want to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to own as many videos as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to possess a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email addresses, upload videos, etc. At Lonex, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific content exclusively.